Summer is all about having fun and enjoying colors! Whether it’s outfit, accessories or nails, we all want to take advantage of this lively season to look bright and bubbly.
However, extreme sun exposure can be dangerous for your body, especially your skin and nails. But here’s the good news: You don’t have to give up your fab side just to enjoy the sunny season! We have here some beauty tips to help protect you while you’re maximizing your summer adventure.
1. Don’t leave your home (or your hotel) without your sunscreen. Make sure you bring it with you everywhere and apply on your exposed skin and body parts when going out for an activity under the sun. Whether you’re sunbathing at the beach, going for that long run, enjoying your favorite cocktails on the patio, or even just taking a walk outside, remember to protect your body with sunscreen. Pay special attention to the back of your hands and feet because these parts are often neglected.
2. Pamper your feet. Summer is sandal season and we all love walking around with it because wearing shoes feel stuffy. Give your feet that extra little TLC by buffing your feet and exfoliating them. Treat your feet to a foot-soak once in a while to keep them soft, smooth and sandal-ready. And don’t forget your pedi! Choose a quick dry nail polish so you can get into action after minutes!
3. Flirt with colors. Show off your fab and creative side with nail polish. If you’re on the artsy side, you can experiment with your nail art to bring out the artist in you. Choose a vegan nail polish brand that is TPHP-free so you don’t have to worry about those toxic chemicals seeping into your system. You can check out Dazzle Dry‘s wide collection of quick dry nail polish here.
4. No to yellow nails. Summer heat can bake nail polish right into your nails, leaving behind a stain. To prevent this, prep your nails with a layer or two of basecoat. A good basecoat not only protects your nails from yellowing, but strengthens and nourishes them as well.
5. Stay hydrated. It’s always easy to miss drinking water when you’re having fun. To make sure you get enough water, pack a reusable water bottle that you can carry around. It’s important to drink lots of water so your body stays hydrated and your nails nourished!
If you have summer beauty tips that we missed and you want to share, feel free to comment below or send us a message! Have fun!